Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hello there, you may remember me as the almost always sad secondary school and junior college student, or the aspiring video game journalist, or the aspiring novelist. This blog has seen so much of me and my changes. I was reading through the archives and found some things that are very valuable to me. To be honest they were nothing but the scribblings of an immature brat back then but somehow they have gained significance in my life. It was almost like a story. My story. There were things I regretted in this blog, things I will always cherish, things that made me smile and things that made me want to punch a hole in the wall. This blog wasn't the first but it was the one I wrote on the most, detailing every little bit of my life back then. I'm sure after reading some of my past "Essays" your view of me might change drastically. I do admit to being an angsty emo dick at times but I'm sure most of us were like that at a certain point in time right? I feel like I shouldn't dismiss this blog where I left it almost three years ago. Instead I think that maybe it is time to start writing again. I've been writing since I was twelve. I started off wanting to write far fetched tales of dragons and great battles. Airships and friendships. Then I dabbled in science fiction, and most recently the more down to earth topics like the loss of innocence and concepts of romance. Now I find myself revisiting every genre I ever thought up wanting to write every one. I want to write every story I have ever imagined. Impossible, some might say. I can't promise that every single idea I have had over the years will ever materialise but I have to start somewhere. Where else would be better to begin than at my roots. I feel at home right here to tell you the truth. This is where I began to take my shape and I think this will be my launchpad as well. I'll be writing more now. I guess right now I am in the best frame of mind to explore my imagination. Things just seem so borderless right now. It may sound cheesy but Bruce Lee once said something along the lines of limitations being self created. If you ignore those boundaries you set for yourself, imagine what you could create or what you could be. I think this may very well be a brand new start.

No comments: